Walmart giving away free pellets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael6268

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Grafton NH/Upper Valley
Was in Walmart today, looking at the little bit of garden stuff left and noticed that they had about 20 tons of "Virgina wood pellets" in the parking lot and three pickup trucks were loading a ton on each. Naturally I asked how much the were getting for them, and the kid replied, "4.94 a bag or a ton, which is 40 bags, for 197.60". I couldn't resist and asked, "there are 40,40lb bags in a ton"? He said yup, I know because I have been selling them all day, these guys all bougt 3 tons and are coming back to pick up the rest later! Must be nice for those people that made out today. Now if I could just find another "Grade A scholar" that sells- wood,coal and propane, I'd be all set!

Maybe the "scholars" were the guys in the trucks thinking they were getting a deal! :)

“4.94 a bag or a ton, which is 40 bags, for 197.60”. I couldn’t resist and asked, “there are 40,40lb bags in a ton”?
Thats $247 a ton . $4.94 X 50 - 40 lbs bags.

I think Michael is saying the guy loading the truck thinks that a ton (or pallet) has 40 bags on it. I read it that the Walmart employee is getting handed a receipt for 40 bags and throwing a ton (or 50 bags) on the back of the pickup trucks.

Heck, this could be a mistake from the manager in charge of whatever department handles the pellets (home and garden?). If this is the case I could speculate that customers are walking in and asking the cashier for a ton of pellets and getting rung up for 40 bags. Then the guy loading them is throwing on 50 bags and giving 10 bags away for free.

Thats a face ton... :D

once we got some pellets from canada that were packed as a metric ton, we were charged for a US ton, the metric had 10 extra bags on it. We gave the customers the extra bags at no charge. Then they went out of bidness...

Yes the Walmart help was charging them for 40 bags and loading the whole -50 bag/ton pallet on the customers trucks. Sounds like a deal to me......

Status
Not open for further replies.