Want to move my basement stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGDADDY

Feeling the Heat
May 17, 2012
so my wood stove is in my uninsulated basement for some years now. I got to thinking how nice it would be on the first floor especially after viewing pictures of some the hearths guys have posted here.
Anyway for the hearth and walls for a corner install I was looking at American panel hearth pads. Does anyone have any of their products or know about them?

The other thing I will have to do is install a metal chimney. I was looking at Dura vent ,only online. I watched some install YouTube videos and believe I could install the chimney myself.
Any advice on either of these products or something you think would be better is appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.