1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

wanted gasification boiler

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by t4driller, Aug 17, 2013.

1. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Yes and no.

Yes a good heating contractor is able to do a pretty accurate heat loss calculation. There is also software that you can plug in numbers into that will get you pretty close.

No is doesn't have to be cold outside, it is only a calculation based on construction type, window type and size etc. You may be thinking of an IR imaging camera used to "look for heat loss".

TS

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. t4driller

t4driller New Member

Loc:
    windber pa
    Ok thanx where do I get the formula at
  3. hobbyheater

hobbyheater Minister of Fire

4. sandman59

sandman59 Member

Loc:
    Northwestern PA
    Hi,

In case you are still looking for a used boiler, I have an EKO 40 for sale that I bought new in 2008. I have averaged about 3 to 4 cords a year, its in great conditions and includes all the controls, pump and expansion tank. I live in western PA, in Mercer county.
  5. t4driller

t4driller New Member

Loc:
    windber pa
    I think im just going to get a new eko 25 the 40 might be a little to much for me. How much do you want for it and why are you selling it. Are they a good system
  6. sandman59

sandman59 Member

Loc:
    Northwestern PA
    I was looking to sell it and all the extras for $3000 obo. The stainless steel insulated chimney would also be included. The boiler works great but the underground pipe I purchased to go from the boiler room to the house needed replaced. My choices were:
    Replace the pipe with 100 feet of the foam insulated pipe system.
    Move the boiler closer to the house which meant building a new boiler room (shed)
    Sell the boiler and go back to burning fossil fuel.

What clinched my decision to sell was my new job where I work...it requires more time and more Saturdays and it pays much more so I earmarked some of my raise to buying fuel.
  7. t4driller

t4driller New Member

Loc:
    windber pa
    I talked to the wife and said she would rather just get a new one. that seems like a pretty good deal though I don't think you will have any problem selling it. thanks for the offer and good luck.
  8. t4driller

t4driller New Member

Loc:
    windber pa
    So I had bought an eko 25 and was wondering what all I need to hook it up. I emailed zenon and not much help there so I guess I will turn to the pros. I am heating a 1400 square foot 2 story cape cod. it has an oil boiler with monoflow system that im going to leave hooked up for backup. I have an electric water heater so no dhm. I will not be putting in storage this year do to cost and space issues. I should be able to do it next year though. so any help is greatly appreciated. thanks
    hobbyheater likes this.
  9. hobbyheater

hobbyheater Minister of Fire

10. maple1

maple1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Don't put off storage any longer than you absolutely need to. It can't be overstated how much storage improves the boiler situation.

Good luck.
    hobbyheater likes this.