WANTED: handsome stove for one-room heating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at your budget of $2,100 which has to include venting mat`ls and labor doesn`t allow for much with regards to anything fancy so why not just consider an Englander and be done with it. You might even have a few bucks left over.
Regarding handsome. If my (less than handsome) Harman in the basement wasn`t running so good I`d have put the new PDVC there and brought the Harman into the back garage instead. They both heat equally well with the Englander having a nicer and more realistic flame pattern. The Harman looks like a woodstove right out of the 70`s and it`s fire resembles a blow torch effect.
IMO, the Englander is much more handsome and up to date but for the square glass and archaic door handle . I think the front door and glass badly needs a fresh redesign . The minor change would really enhance an already smart design and should not be difficult or significantly increase the price structure .

Chillpill said:
Handsome, indeed -- how much do those Visios run? I'm not finding prices online. Ballpark is fine.
I don't have a price for you, but I DO know that the Rika's are $$$....pretty sure it would be out of your price range unless you find a good used or dealer showroom model.

Status
Not open for further replies.