1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Warm today, or... I'm an idiot

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Joful, Jan 30, 2013.

1. topoftheriver

topoftheriver Member

Loc:
    Northeast
    Go ahead and start it. You won't regret it. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WNY
    Lol, the dog was walking around panting and went to sleep in the kitchen. I kinda prefer 65ish for sleeping so it's staying dark. Winds haven't even kicked up yet and it's in the 50's still outside.
  3. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    Did someboday say "WINDS"? YIKES! My house was moving last night, which means it was blowing above 60mph. When it gets above 60, the entire house starts to move around on the stilts. Crazy stuff! It was a heavy south-west wind right off the ocean, crazy night!
  4. firebroad

firebroad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    Kind of reminded me of being in a gigantic car wash--last night heavy, heavy rains pounding in all directions--this morning stiff winds whipping everything dry.

The tarp strips as well as all the bricks will be off the stacks when I get home tonight. Only thing that will keep them from sailing into the next county will be the zip-ties.:)
  5. Woodreb

Woodreb Member

Loc:
    NW CT
    Now that's kinda scary - feeling your house move like that.
  6. topoftheriver

topoftheriver Member

Loc:
    Northeast
    Giant gales in Westport, MA near Horseneck Beach also. Rain came down in barrels. Today is sunny, high gusts and cooling down fast. But the house is toasty.