Warming stones, or something

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiber

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
Philadelphia
I swear this was a banner ad and that I saw it here.

It was a long, square stone you could put on the woodstove, it had a leather lanyard, and you put it on top of your stove. It was probably soapstone. You could then toss it in your bed, bath, boots, gloves, pants - maybe not pants - and it would warm it up.

I cannot find these for the life of me.

HALP?

tiber said:
I swear this was a banner ad and that I saw it here.

It was a long, square stone you could put on the woodstove, it had a leather lanyard, and you put it on top of your stove. It was probably soapstone. You could then toss it in your bed, bath, boots, gloves, pants - maybe not pants - and it would warm it up.

I cannot find these for the life of me.

HALP?

These may not be the ones you saw in the ad but they are fantastic.

Soapstone blocks

I use these all the time (we also have the smaller ones they also sell) during winter. Before I head to the woods I put these in an extra pair of gloves and wrap them in an old towel. My hands get cold or wet, I simply change them. Those warm gloves are great!

The smaller ones are better suited for gloves sometimes but I still mostly use the big ones. Also, when I get to the house and remove my boots, I just place one in each boot and it dries the inside of the boot really nice. We have 2 pair of each size and love them. We also use these when cooking on the stove top.

Status
Not open for further replies.