Warnock Hersey - Firestar - Gas Stove Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adellaripa

Hearth Supporter
Mar 11, 2007
I just bought a house and our only source of heat is this gas stove. It is controlled through a thermostat and has a blower that will turn once it hits a certain temperature or time frame and it is controlled by a dimmer switch which will let you adjust the speed of the blower. The problem that i am having is that this stove will not turn faithfully. The pilot is always lit, the thermostat has the fire icon on which means that the stove should be on but it is not. Once the blower is on for a long time it will just shutoff. Once the temperature reachs the desired setting the gas stove will shut off like it is suppose to. But if I raised the thermostat again; it will not turn on the gas stove. Sometime to ge this stove working , I have to turn on the blower nd then shut it off real quick and then the stove will turn on. Another trick we found out is to use the igniter button and after a few clicks it will then turn on. Any suggestion would be great.

One suggestion from a friend was to change the thermo coupler. I already replaced the thermosat with a digital one (milliamp variety). Another suggestion was to replace the another "coupler" that the blower is attahced to. Help! Please!

I have attahced a few photos of the gas sove in question.

Attachments

• Gas-Stoveweb.jpg
    Gas-Stoveweb.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,537
  • Gas-Stoveweb-2.jpg
    Gas-Stoveweb-2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 2,006
  • Gas-Stoveweb-3.jpg
    Gas-Stoveweb-3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,082
  • Gas-Stoveweb-4.jpg
    Gas-Stoveweb-4.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,247
That thing needs some major service. Call a dealer or place that has professionals to come and service it. Could need a new thermopile, might just need a really good cleaning. The glass definitely needs to be cleaned up. The trick with pressing the ignoter to make it start is totally useless. That igniter button is for lighting the pilot. Maybe it disrupts the pilot flame just enough to get enough millivolots to start it. Also I think "Warnock Hersey" is a testing agency, not the MFG of the stove. The glass says "Country" on it so I would guess that is the MFG

http://www.countrystoves.com/gas_free_DVS.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.