Was gonna go get a Stihl 066 Magnum today when.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thistle, why not just drill a port equal in size to the factory exhaust on the clutch side of the muffler in front of the existing deflector. Then buy a 288 or 281 deflector and attach it with self tappers. It will cost you about $20 and a 1/2 hour of your time and you'll have a factory looking dual port.

Oooof. I hadnt thought of that.That's perfect! THANKS!! >>

The factory one a well-known North Cali saw builder is selling has identical factory ports,one on each side of muffler.I've only seen a handful of factory dual ports,less than 10 in a lot of years time. Still too high priced IMO,even for a rare OEM part that was discontinued years ago.

Gonna look for the deflector now,buy it if available,then wait to drill the port AFTER it arrives,just in case.

Do I need an extra screen/spark arrester also? Existing muffler still has one I believe.

I usually buy the screen and the deflector....... dont have to run a screen, but it is advisable.

This should help in your search....

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/92636.htm

Thanks again. Called local Husky dealer,gave them the part numbers for the deflector,screen & 2 of the screws.Should see them in about a week or so.$12 for the deflector,screen/screws another 2-3 bucks.I'm happy,or will be after I install them. ::-)

Reactions: ScotO
If you look at Ebay and CL, 372 prices (unless there ragged out) start with a 5 or a 6. You got a good deal.

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.