Washer/ Dryer..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peakbagger,

Excuse me for chiming in. I must complement on your choice of washer. I was curious about the product so I checked it out on line. An energy efficient, no nonsense made in the USA product. Bravo. You got me thinking. When my LG blows up(front loader) I certainly will consider this machine. Surprised my DH gave into my choice since he grew up in the dry cleaning industry. Everything in the "store" was front loader city. He used the LG more than I since he knew all the custom feature applications. Said he was wasting his money on me since I would never use them. As usual that boy of mine was right. Never did use all the "bells and whistles". He wasn't whipped just spoiled me. Guess he figured he could fix when needed.

Woodman good luck with whatever you choose for your home. My dh never believed in extended warranties but with an Asian product it may be a consideration.We did on the LG though. I'm glad since he passed on and I am clueless!

blujacket said:
oldspark said:
My daughter just had a bearing go out of her front loader, 800 dollars just for the bearing, this was a Maytag, no thanks.

Never heard of Maytag selling any bearing seperate from the outer tub assy. Those of course are $450.00, repairman must be wanting the other $400 for labor.
I believe that is what he ment to say as one other dealer said no way was there a 800 dollar bearing on that machine although 450 dollars for a bearing will make you pucker.

oldspark said:
blujacket said:
oldspark said:
My daughter just had a bearing go out of her front loader, 800 dollars just for the bearing, this was a Maytag, no thanks.

Never heard of Maytag selling any bearing seperate from the outer tub assy. Those of course are $450.00, repairman must be wanting the other $400 for labor.
I believe that is what he ment to say as one other dealer said no way was there a 800 dollar bearing on that machine although 450 dollars for a bearing will make you pucker.

I figured that, I've been in the part business 17 yrs.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. Pretty much decided on the WM5001CW washer and DLE5001W dryer. Big queston now is; anyone have any ideas for something like a rubber membrain as the units will need to be snugged against one another?

Anyone...........

If they are going to be that close you could use a large truck mudflap. White of course. Attach with adhesive or magnets to the dryer. Or try a couple of foam noodles. Thin ones.

I bought a bunch of rubber mats pretty cheap from Tractor Supply. 3'x5' and pretty good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.