Waterford 100B question: firebrick lining

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paulmlemay

Oct 30, 2016
Northern California
I have an older Waterford 100B wood stove. It's enameled and my wife loves it.
I need some of the ceramic liner bricks. Do I just take generic high temperature masonry blocks and fit them, or do I need to buy specific bricks? I'm in Europe, not in the USA Thank You.

waterford01.jpg

I had one of those stoves a few years back. The enamel bubbled off of it after my daughter over filled the steamer on top of it. The cast iron held up though. For the firebrick, they are of a special shape and thickness. They can only be obtained from a Waterford dealer to my understanding. Waterford is an Irish stove. They are no longer available in the U S. On the other side of the pond probably no problem in Ireland or the UK. Don't think they were imported much in mainland Europe so parts there may be hard to get. Only real probable I had with the stove is finding factory parts that were well made. Apparently quality control was not a strong suit in the foundry casting parts for Waterford. This was verified by a US dealer that took a tour of the Waterford factory in Ireland. He told me he witnessed a lot of bad castings and safety protocol was virtually non-existent at the plant. When my stove was first bought the iron baffle inside was warped from the factory and was nearly impossible to get a replacement. When it was all together finally in operation it ran well though.