1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Waterford Stoves??

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Greg Ray, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg Ray

Greg Ray Member

Loc:
    TX
    Anyone on the forum have a Waterford Stove???????? Im using the Trinity11 stove now. Nice stove but the firebox is too small.. I have this stove sold and will install another one next year have not made my mind up yet, which stove to get.. Alot of good stoves out there!!!! Greg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I remmember someone posting that Waterford is no longer available in USA. Unless you find a use one. May be hard to find parts in the future.

Check out the stove ratings section of this site. Lots of good info on different stoves.
  3. GreggB

GreggB New Member

We have small waterford (markii I think) it seems well built and burns well. Firebox is tiny, basically takes twigs. It would be nice stove for a gazebo/screenhouse/camp type structure or if you want to take the 'sting' out of one room.
  4. rmcfall

rmcfall Feeling the Heat

I used to have a Waterford Ashling stove in a two-story cape cod style house. We kept it going 24/7 and it actually did really well as a primary heat source for our home--I would pack it super tight with shorter splits so it could be loaded with the endgrain of the splits facing the front door. I would always have plenty of coals left in the morning to get a new fire going easy.
  5. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Todd is right Waterford stoves are no longer sold in USA. The parent company FPI was suposed to stock parts
    and provide parts support. Past posters on the old forum, found them not helpfull and had to order parts from Europe
    That sound ok, but the European models parts are sized different. It took 8 months to get a replacement part that did not fit
    Check it out http://www.waterfordstoves.com/
  6. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    I've heard of them. I believe a Reginald was made by them, also other Jotul 602 ripoffs. My father had a Reginald for years...bought it around 1975 or so. He passed it on to my sister. That stove finally cracked two years ago when a lot got pushed in too hard. It heated a shop for nearly 20 years. It was a very good stove.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.