Waterford trinity stove - glass measurements

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shweebies

Hearth Supporter
Oct 22, 2008
Central Texas
Hi all! Glass just broke in my dadgum stove. Crap! Husband already threw all the glass out - what was he thinking? Now how do I get the measurements? I bought the stove used - so no manual. I have looked online for a manual and cannot find one. I emailed Ireland, no response yet. Argh! Does anybody here happen to know the height, width and thickness of the glass?

Thanks everytbody!

I am bumping this. Hopefully someone has an answer. I am still searching. Not having much luck. Hoping Lehmans' will call back with dimensions.

Great! Is it a perfect rectangle or arched at the top corners?

Ceramic glass is expensive. I would recommend making a template out of cardboard and checking it for a good fit. If you don't find it locally, some folks report good price/service from http://onedayglass.com

I am trying to find it locally - but Texans are clueless when it comes to stoves. They love spending that money on high $ electric .

It is a prefect rectangle. Thank goodness! I have already gotten a quote from one day glass. $82.00 waaaay cheaper than what Lehman's wanted - $212.00. Do you think there is a difference?

Internet Glass Network - $106
Robax glass - $121

I am always scared to go with the cheapest. I need to have some of the sticky gasket material, is that it?

Phew, wish my husband was like you guys. I am always the pyro in the house. I cut the wood, haul it, clean the flue, etc. Are their other women like me out there?

If OneDayGlass, you'll want the NeoCeram. It's 5mm and a good product.

That is what they quoted - the neoceram. Looks like I will get it from them.

Thanks again!

Go Girl - I have run a chainsaw in the past as well as a splitter but I am getting old -so, now hubby cuts while I load the truck - he splits while I stack -- I am the burner in the house and I clean up - -although I've never cleaned the chimney - 2 story + attic - we get that done professionally. Keep up the good work!

Buffygirl
New Jotul Oslo

Ha! there are some broads like me here. woohoo :)

My husband bought me a chainsaw for my birthday. I was complaining that my feet and legs hurt from hauling so much brush - so the sweet guy bought me a chainsaw so I can cut AND haul brush. Aaaaw! What a doll. Now I do it all. I have learned not to complain!

But I actually like it. I love my stove and I love burning wood. Life is good when it is cold! Wish we had some weather like up north, I could really get this sucker crankin!

I hear you - but that's what it takes to stay warm -- I'm willing to do it. Told my hubby I wanted a chainsaw that was battery operated cause I didn't have enought pull in me anymore. Hope you get that glass in before the snow flies. Have a good Turkey Day!

Buffygirl
Jotul Oslo
Stihl Chainsaw

burnintxwood said:
. . .

Phew, wish my husband was like you guys. I am always the pyro in the house. I cut the wood, haul it, clean the flue, etc. Are their other women like me out there?

There's more than a few of you wood burning gals hanging out here these days . . . just the other day in fact I learned that SZmaine was a . . . gasp . . . girl! ;) :)

Ha! That is awesome. It is only 70 degrees here though. Ugh! I need some good cold weather. It is sad when you get excited when it dips to the 50s at night and you are happy that you can get some wood burning - but by the time you go to bed you have to open all the windows.

Battery operated chainsaw - never heard of such a thing. I have a stihl saw that is great - little cold natured but not too bad - she is small and light - perfect for what I have to do. I know stihl has a saw they say is for women. I think you just pump it a few times and it starts itself - something like that. I just figured it would be something else to break and would cost a fortune to replace.

Maybe I ought to start a thread to get all the women talking. There might be a bunch of us on here.

Just saw a really nice waterford erin 90 stove on craigslist yesterday and wondered if it would be a pain to get parts for it should any be needed, looks like you answered my question! Yikes! Wonder why they are no longer distributed here.

But hey looky the folks on hearth have posted your manual!

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/File:Waterford_Trinity_Manual.pdf/

oops just see that you already knew that - sorry.

I was involved on this one a in PMs, as I had a post here a year ago on the replacement of a Waterford Trinity glass, 19 5/8th by 10 3/8th inch. The bad news is it is broken again.

The first time it was due to some wood a bit too long loaded N/S near the hinge, and when the door pull-up catch was closed it crushed the glass. This glass was replace using the old gasket and work for the rest of the year, about a cord of wood. Then this year when the chimney was cleaned the service recommend replacing the gasket on the door and glass. This was done DIY - door gasket from Lowes and the glass from a local stove store.... a "L" shaped gasket sticky on one side. I installed the gasket in the recess of for the glass and set the glass on top, using the 6 (3 top and 3 bottom - none on ends) hold down to press the glass up against the gasket.

This was fine for about 10 fires, then on closing the door, again with the latch handle, the glass cracked. This was not the log problem, but it appears on inspection that it is possible on this stove to get some small pice of wood (anything) between the lower part of the glass and the stove and if the glass isn't far enough in the recess this small piece can crush the glass between the door and the metal on the lower part of the fire box. I think this is what happened. This being the case the lesson learned is to get the gasket (hope we have the correct one) installed so that the glass fits into the recess with the gasket material sticking up around the edge, not all down under the glass.

Views, knowledge welcome,

Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.