Way Too Much Firewood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Yep, the number of stacks keeps growing. But Saturday is the opening of largemouth season, so some of the time that I normally spend making more firewood will be spent on the water instead.

One of the areas I cut in this morning. Can't tell it from the picture, but there was a lot of 'unprocessed' firewood laying in that mess.
IMG_7032.jpg

One more stacked high enough.
IMG_7034.jpg

Time to start another stack. I don't carry a compass with me, so can't give the exact degrees and sometimes it's difficult to guess precisely when I'm not near a line fence, but I think this stack will be lined up east-southeast/north-northwest. I hope it dries fast because in 3-5 years I will need to burn it or sell it.
IMG_7042.jpg

Watch your step!
IMG_7046.jpg

Quads great pictures again, third week in June bass opens here. Walleye season opens Saturday but I'm skipping the opening day tourney and work in the woods.

zap

Never too much firewood! Awesome pic's.

Always enjoy the pictures Quads.

Hope you'll be posting some fish pictures too.

I hope that purple flowered plant is a weed because I'm running over hundreds of them with the lawn mower this year.

billb3 said:
I hope that purple flowered plant is a weed because I'm running over hundreds of them with the lawn mower this year.

No, don't mow them, pick 'em. They're edible, both the leaf and the flower. For the leaves, just pick, rinse, and boil for about a minute in salted water or chicken stock (for soup). For the flowers, pick them and dip them in egg white and then in sugar and let them dry.

The saying goes, the first mayflies of the year (called "Hendricksons") on trout streams don't hatch until the violets are in bloom. Also, when the leaves on the maple tress are the size of squirrel's ears. Never found it to be false yet.

I don't know much about the purple flower, but we always called it 'Silver Dollar Plant' because it gets seed pods that are shaped like a silver dollar.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Firewood is plenty
and fishes too

LLigetfa said:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Firewood is plenty
and fishes too
Very nice! Ha ha!

So quads is about to get one of his seasonal breaks from cutting firewood. Every man needs the same. Good luck with the fishing quads.

Backwoods Savage said:
So quads is about to get one of his seasonal breaks from cutting firewood. Every man needs the same. Good luck with the fishing quads.
Thanks Dennis!

Oh, I'll still be cutting wood, but maybe not everyday! Ha! Just got back from town with our new husband and wife fishing licenses. $31 for the pair as opposed to $20 each if we weren't married.

I believe this post is titled in an inapropriate manner. Those words are never to be spoken in this sacred circle!

Werm said:
I believe this post is titled in an inapropriate manner. Those words are never to be spoken in this sacred circle!
Only the lucky few.........

Status
Not open for further replies.