weekend work- log length done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devinsdad

Sep 25, 2009
northern NY
So I attacked the pile of logs finally this weekend . Finished it up this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCN0038.jpg
    DSCN0038.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 341
Got the chips piling nice work...

Nice job, when does the splitting start.

zap

from a different angle. and a pic of some stacking I did from the pile out back for the next season

Attachments

• DSCN0039.jpg
    DSCN0039.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCN0037.jpg
    DSCN0037.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 322
Splitting starts as soon as I get some more of these stacks up to those empty pallets in the last pic

Attachments

• DSCN0040.jpg
    DSCN0040.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 339
I can smell the burning oil/gas mixture from the saws and the smell of the fresh cut wood...AHHHH.!!..LOL

devinsdad said:
from a different angle. and a pic of some stacking I did from the pile out back for the next season

Looks great, I caught the weather alert you talked about yesterday so I guess the plow will get hooked up tonight.

zap

I just love seeing piles of perfectly cut rounds, would love to get in there with my splitter and have at it :)

devinsdad said:
Splitting starts as soon as I get some more of these stacks up to those empty pallets in the last pic
Nice work! How do find the wood drying when stacked that tight? I did the same, but I'm restacking now - the splits deep in the center don't seem to be drying for me - even getting a little punky - I think that following rains, the center just doesn't dry out well. Good luck with splitting! Cheers!

I think we all can appreciate all that work you have done and you have done a fine job of it too. Nice work.

NH_Wood said:
devinsdad said:
Nice work! How do find the wood drying when stacked that tight? I did the same, but I'm restacking now - the splits deep in the center don't seem to be drying for me - even getting a little punky - I think that following rains, the center just doesn't dry out well. Good luck with splitting! Cheers!

Well so far I'm only 4 rows into the tight stack right now. Couple days of sun seems to dry it out fine and there is always at the least a light wind. Last year I covered the whole top after stacking with an old black pool cover. That seemed to keep it wet longer so once the snow was gone I took it off and stored it til next year. If the funds ever come about to build a garage it will go into my nonwood filled woodshed. :red:

Status
Not open for further replies.