Weird install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlasko

Sep 24, 2008
Western PA
I would love to put a picture in here if I could but I'm not quite sure how to do that...so imagine this....the previous homeowner cemented over top of an existing bilco door access to put a small porch on the back of my house....now what I have amounts to a little room off my basement that is totally encased in block...my plan is to put my woodstove on the front edge of this little room and hammerdrill a hole to run my chimney out the floor of my porch above and then up the side of the house per a typical installation. So my question is, what pieces do a I need once I get to that hole....its totally cement...no combustibles within 5 feet....can I just run the triple wall through the hole and mortar around it or do I need a special sleeve of some sort?...I don't think I would really need a through the floor kit cause it not combustible...any help would really be appreciated....one more thing I was curious about, my wood stove would kinda be like putting a free standing wood stove in an existing fireplace hole...would a blower help this situation or will the heat naturally get out of their since the sides are kinda exclosed and only the front will be exposed to the rest of the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.