Weird Saw Handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen anything like that before.

Definitely different looking . . . not sure how this would make the saw better . . . if anything I would think it would get in the way of cutting.

TrioBrakeâ„¢

TrioBrakeâ„¢ allows the chain brake to be activated either automatically by the inertia release mechanism or mechanically by your left or right hand

looks like it would sit where your hand would be on the trigger and would hit the brake with both hands/arms

Isn't that what the thing in the front does? Did on my 1998 Craftsman 42cc saw. Worked great too. Saw tip nipped a log I didn't see on the far side of what I was cutting and kicked it up about a half a foot or so. Brake kicked on from intertia and the chain stopped before the saw stopped moving. If it had been a serious kickback and it was coming at my face it would have saved me alot of recovery time and yelling at by the wife.

Just seems odd to redesign something that works so incredibly well. I assume this muist be an additional layer of braking or something. Sure does look like it would make cutting more difficult.

It's for people obsessed with kickback.......the good news is it can be removed !!!!!!!!

WTF is that? Next you'll see chains with no teeth,cant get much more "low-kickback" than that

Thistle said:
WTF is that? Next you'll see chains with no teeth,cant get much more "low-kickback" than that

Ah yes . . . that would be the Husqvarna 346JEDI with Lightsaber Technology Saw. $599. Should be out in Fall 2012. Promises to have no kickback and the ability to cut through nearly anything . . . including droids, Sith Lords, blast doors and American elm.

firefighterjake said:
Thistle said:

Ah yes . . . that would be the Husqvarna 346JEDI with Lightsaber Technology Saw. $599. Should be out in Fall 2012. Promises to have no kickback and the ability to cut through nearly anything . . . including droids, Sith Lords, blast doors and American elm.

"Luke....I am your father..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xavmi42ehZw :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.