Well, I guess it's go time now.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
Just finished sweeping the chimney and cleaning the stove. Overnite lows in the 30's to 40 in the next 10 days. It's always nice having the wife in shorts and tanks all year.

Going cutting with a buddy tomorrow on his bosses land. He says there is about 15 cord available to pull out of there.

Game on!

KC

It has begun. The only thing that makes me more excited that the start of burn season, is the start of football season

I get a chuckle out of the people I see rushing to cut wood in the cold and rain and snow because they didnt get it done sooner! Have fun!

How is yor VC stove? I picked up a VC Barbque on Ebay for cheap and love it!

I have my homework done. Sitting on about 15 cords right now, no need to panic here.

I am fairly satisfied with the VC stove. The evernburn system is a bit tricky. It likes to run HOT.

KC

iskiatomic said:
Just finished sweeping the chimney and cleaning the stove. Overnite lows in the 30's to 40 in the next 10 days. It's always nice having the wife in shorts and tanks all year.

Going cutting with a buddy tomorrow on his bosses land. He says there is about 15 cord available to pull out of there.

Game on!

KC

Get the stove nice and hot, and she'll put on the shorts and tank top for you again.

Hopefully the wood you're cutting is for next winter. Cutting wood in the cool fall weather is really nice. Beats heat, humidity and bugs.

Some people love to sit around waiting for a fishing pole to wiggle. They pull out the fish and then throw it back in again. And some people think that wood burners are crazy. Catch and release is like cutting up a tree and then gluing it all back together again.

Ya, we're officially in it. We started having small fires on cooler mornings a couple weeks ago but this morning was pretty frosty. It was nice to be able to stuff the 30 full of wood and let it do it's thing. Lows here are supposed to be mid to upper 20s this next night.

keydiver said:
I get a chuckle out of the people I see rushing to cut wood in the cold and rain and snow because they didnt get it done sooner! Have fun!

How is yor VC stove? I picked up a VC Barbque on Ebay for cheap and love it!

I'm never done. I cut 365 days-o-year if the opportunity presents itself.

EDIT: I get a chuckle out of people I see rushing out to pay for firewood

Status
Not open for further replies.