Well, she did it. My wife just ordered a new Osburn 2400 insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redlegs

Feeling the Heat
Well my new insert is on the way. Yesterday afternoon, while I was calling a local dealer in Kansas City my wife texted me that she had just ordered the new insert. I had spent a couple days calling around trying to find the best deal, and she got tired of waiting. It feels a little like Christmas. :>) I kind of hope it stays cool enough to get a few burns in.

Did she happen to tell you what she ordered? :lol:

Oh yeah, it looks like I forgot that above. She ordered an Osburn 2400 insert, and it's coming from Obidiah's. Their price included shipment to our door, and included a liftgate delivery truck.

Now I have to start reading up on how to work the firein the Osburn. The old insert was a 20-30 y/o Shanandoah and it was not air tight. I usually run thru 5-6 cords and thats in Kansas (not some where really cold).

Congrats on the new insert.

@corey Thanks. Now I just have to get it installed and figure out how to operate it. My only other experience is the Shanandoah (which I believe would be called a "pre-EPA" insert). That one was easy to operate, just throw in more wood) but the new stoves look like it may take a while to learn how to operate well.

congradulations with the new addition to the family

@petee2 Thanks...now the only bummer is I have to wait two weeks until I get home and see it. :>)

JeffersonCoKs said:
@corey Thanks. Now I just have to get it installed and figure out how to operate it. My only other experience is the Shanandoah (which I believe would be called a "pre-EPA" insert). That one was easy to operate, just throw in more wood) but the new stoves look like it may take a while to learn how to operate well.

Yeah the new epa stoves are a lot different from the pre epa stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.