well....TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
So my local tsc has 2 pallets of pellets outside. They have sprayed paint on it that looks like " winter closing 40% off". I go in and said I would like a a ton of pellets. ( would be $150 with 40% off, instant heat). I said they are 40% off right. He said well no that is on clothing. Oh ok.. I had to go out and lift the plastic cover up on the pellets to see the word clothing correctly.
I was so mad.. I need another ton of pellets..

woodsman23 said:
They are 189.00 here at TSC they are AWF..

At that price, woodsman, if I lived near there, I'd be grabbing as many tons as I could afford....I burned the AWF and liked them. The TSC here is asking $249/ton for Instant Heat....I hope they have a bunch of tons left over in a month or so, and lower the $$ to blow them out. I'm not wild about Instant Heat, but if the price is right.............

I bought 3 tons on sunday of the AWF and your right they burn great!!!. If i had more barn room i would get more.

woodsman23 you have some nice prices your way. What's the higher end pellets going for there?

Wish I had something to haul(large amount) them with. I would have to take a ride.

Hey macman TSC in Highland wants $289 a ton. Stopped the other night for some starter gel and they have put away all the stove stuff and brought out barbacue grills. Mentioned to the guys that it was still February and wouldn't be lookin for mt grill tongs for at least 2 months, but with the biggest snow event of the season about to happen it might be the right time for some heating products.
The one guy did shrug his shoulders and chuckle a little as I walked out of the store with out buying anything.

Schoondog

schoondog said:
Hey macman TSC in Highland wants $289 a ton. Stopped the other night for some starter gel and they have put away all the stove stuff..........

Yeah, for some reason, they are always higher than any other TSC around. They'll be sitting on those pellets until they come to their senses.....and as I remember, the stuff they had wasn't all that great to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.