West Michigan pellet pigs - something new in town

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

343amc

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 23, 2005
West Michigan
New to me anyways.

I was shopping at Meijer in Cedar Springs. They have Greenway pellets. 3.98 a bag. There were a few bags of Pro Pellets also.

I picked up some Greenways to try. Sounds like those might be decent.

There not bad. Listed as a Super Premium IIRC. But Somersets are still better. IMO.

Pro Pellets are better in my opinion also.

That's just my findings, recording temps in my Quad with a K-type Thermocouple.

Santa is looking out for us west Michigan residents. Menards on Comstock Park has magic spark for 3.35 a bag through 12/24.

The Impala only holds 10 bags...

There not bad. Listed as a Super Premium IIRC. But Somersets are still better. IMO.

Pro Pellets are better in my opinion also.

That's just my findings, recording temps in my Quad with a K-type Thermocouple.

Agreed. Decent pellet. I like them for a shoulder pellet. Comparable with Presto Logs and AWF in my stove. Pro pellets/magic spark and Somersets are hotter.

Oh it'll hold way more than that!!!! I get 25 bags in a Fusion!! Load that thing up at that price and go back for more!!

Reactions: DexterDay
Oh it'll hold way more than that!!!! I get 25 bags in a Fusion!! Load that thing up at that price and go back for more!!

Yep..... 20 bags in the Focus!!! 10 in the back seat, 5 in the trunk, and 5 on front seat! (Only 15 in this load/none on front seat).
Click to enlarge
2011-10-03_16-43-46_102.jpg

Reactions: 343amc and jrsdws
Ford should add this to their capacity spec sheet. The Fusion is 5 bags bigger than the Focus, etc, etc.

Wife and kid were in the car, plus work tools in the trunk. The Impala does have a 'two body trunk' but the capacity was cut down with tools and Christmas gifts.

Now that I'm back home I think I may make another run with the pickup. That holds a half ton easy.

Wife and kid were in the car, plus work tools in the trunk. The Impala does have a 'two body trunk' but the capacity was cut down with tools and Christmas gifts.

Now that I'm back home I think I may make another run with the pickup. That holds a half ton easy.

I dont see the wife and kid in the pic...sure you didnt stuff THEM into the trunk and let the pellets ride "up front"? ==c

Add another 30 bags to the stash. I'm starting to run low on places to put them out in the pole barn. Guess that isn't a bad thing.

There are a couple more tons of Magic Sparks there, but the unopened skids are behind the Michigan pellets. I'm going to guess there are 15-20 ton of Michigans out back. At least the Sparks are underneath the racking so they aren't right out in the weather. I opened a fresh pallet as the ones that were already open had quite a few wet bags. The pile inside the store are good and dry, but that pile had shrunk a lot in the 90 minutes since I was there last.

As my wife was watching me unload and stack, she said, 'if that building ever catches fire it'll be a full day before they can put out the flames'. I've added another 70 bags in the past 10 days.

Its official. I have a problem.

Attachments

• moresparks.jpg
    moresparks.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.