wet cord Vs dry cord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is in the mirror, that means you've been through. I'd rather see a picture of it.

I had some pretty dang good times in Chicago. Lots of history there, and interesting places to visit, things to see. I went in & out by train, never had the pleasure of trying to drive through the area.

I was lucky enough to have more than a couple people tell me I'd need about 5 cord when we moved here. I made sure I had 5 cord, but we also used the furnace some the first 2 years.
Now that the wood is dry, and I sort of know what I'm doing, I burn a little less, but always have about 5.5-6 cord in the shed or dry enough to use.
That seems to work well, this year in particular. I stack it wet, then move it dry and don't worry about a slight loss. If that were a huge problem, I'd make more.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best. Or goodest.

Status
Not open for further replies.