WETT failed... Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfinlay01

Oct 2, 2013
Had a Wett inspector fail the wood stove today. Trying to figure out why.

Item 1 - the latch handle is loose. But it is able to hold door tight when closed. Is this easy to fix?

item 2 - the stove pipe is attached to chimney with screws. Inspectors said it is not to screwed into wall is this right

Need more info, and pictures of that chimney connection would help. What stove do you have. What is the chimney setup and how is the connector pipe from the stove connected to it.

Surely the WETT inspector told you how to make it right.

WETT failed... Help!WETT failed... Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
The handle should have a nut with some washers behind it that you can tighten so that the handle isn't loose. Removing a washer helps also. You can get a new door gasket as well.

As for the chimney, I don't know much. I thought two 45 degree angles in the pipe was recommended instead of one 90 degree angle. That picture looks like the pipe travels through a concrete filled tube. I have not seen that before.

Is that a Regency stove?

as an WETT inspector from what i can see in the pictures i won't see anything that would warant a failing WETT inspection. The length of chimney through the wall is cemented and wont move so there is no need to fasten it to the wall. As for the loose door handle if it not going to fall off and can still hold the door shut i don't see the big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.