What a Woman!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrufflerJJ

Burning Hunk
Jan 21, 2015
Ohio
My darling wife was dropping off some household waste at the county's collection point (the incinerator) when she saw a couple guys haul in a trailer loaded with beautiful ash rounds. She got to talking with them & found that they were just trying to find some place that would take the wood. Say no more!

I met them at a local McDonald's & we drove to our place where we unloaded their trailer.

All in all, there were over a dozen rounds of nice solid ash, about 24" diameter x 19" long.

Time to start splitting.....

Attachments

• DSC06765-edited.jpg
    DSC06765-edited.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 204
I'd picked up some 1-2 year old maple from a Craigslist posting a couple days before, but it's even nicer having free wood delivered to your home, already cut into rounds.

I think your wife is a keeper!

Reactions: Stlshrk
Agreed - 19 years & counting.

Reactions: fespo and Seanm
I forgot to include this in my original post...

To thank these guys for driving out of their way & giving me free wood, I gave them a dozen eggs (from our home chickens), plus a pound of The Greater Bacon. At least that's what my 17 year-old son calls Benton's hickory smoked country bacon. Compared to it, all other bacons are "lesser" bacons. This stuff is goooood:

http://shop.bentonscountryham.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=hscb

That's a great score indeed. You might end up with a few more truck loads once they get into that bacon. Benton's sure knows their hams and bacon, only a ten minute drive for us.

Very nice...free is good.

Your wife sounds awesome...almost as awesome as mine. :):cool:;);):cool::)

That's a great score indeed. You might end up with a few more truck loads once they get into that bacon. Benton's sure knows their hams and bacon, only a ten minute drive for us.

I only get to Benton's a couple times/year, while down visiting my dad in north GA. Next time you stop by their shop, take a look at the top cement step leading to the front door. It's got dog prints from when the cement was wet. I think it's neat that they left it "as is", without trying to smooth out the doggie footprints.

My darling wife was dropping off some household waste at the county's collection point (the incinerator) when she saw a couple guys haul in a trailer loaded with beautiful ash rounds. She got to talking with them & found that they were just trying to find some place that would take the wood. Say no more!

I met them at a local McDonald's & we drove to our place where we unloaded their trailer.

All in all, there were over a dozen rounds of nice solid ash, about 24" diameter x 19" long.

Time to start splitting.....

If McDonald's had McNuggets like that on the dollar menu I'd go there more often!

I only get to Benton's a couple times/year, while down visiting my dad in north GA. Next time you stop by their shop, take a look at the top cement step leading to the front door. It's got dog prints from when the cement was wet. I think it's neat that they left it "as is", without trying to smooth out the doggie footprints.
I have never noticed that before. I'll be sure to check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.