What about electric outlet for insert?!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scot King

Sep 15, 2013
After much research i have finally decided to go with a Napoleon EPI3C wood insert. My only concern is where to place the electrical outlet for the blower. I don't want an electrical cord running across my hearth but I am not sure where to place the outlet because of the heat. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not sure how far way it has to be by code but I just tuck mine behind the tool set and bucket and you don't really see it.

I thought that would be an issue also but this doesn't bother me....look closely. The rest is hidden behind that crap. ;)

What about electric outlet for insert?!!

Reactions: Beer Belly
I didn't think about code, but I put mine in the floor of the firebox. There isn't much warmth in the firebox floor, so I'm not concerned there should be a problem and I have seen it done on other installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.