1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

What an adventure !

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Pallet Pete, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

My nieces fiancee and a friend borrowed my canoe today to fish a pond and decided instead to go down the maple river without any planning between towns about five miles apart. The river is actually about 12miles because of all the bends in it though. My Neice and wife call and say HELP US we can't find them and they went down the maple ! My canoe is fiberglass and the end of the river goes straight into a tall water damn before town. Needless to say everyone is freaking out big time ;lol so we end up with the fiancees mother my mother in law my wife and my niece and I all looking down the river. Now I have gotten lost on many a river and found my way out in time but not in a rather large storm ( No planning on there part ). When we finally found them a couple hours later they where exhausted and hungry as well as ecstatic because they caught a bunch of fish. They spent roughly 11.5 hours on the river! ;lol All in all it worked out ok in the end but man slogging next to the maple river in a torrential downpour trying to find a couple of idiots is just plain annoying and yet I still wish I went with them ;lol ;ex. Of cours I would have planned that little excursion out though.

Pete
    Backwoods Savage likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Just did a 10 Mile tour with my Son on a canoe. It took 4 hrs......

Stuck on a canoe that long, had to suck.....

Sorry for your involvement. I hope it all worked out :)
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  3. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Could have been worse . .. they could have headed out for a three hour tour on the SS Minnow.
    Pallet Pete and smoke show like this.
  4. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Being shipwrecked with Ginger and Mary Ann would be a win in my book. ;)
    gilligans-island.jpg
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  5. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

I don't think I could deal with Gilligan very well lol.

Pete
  6. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

MaryAnn.....*shiver*
    smoke show likes this.