What an adventure !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

My nieces fiancee and a friend borrowed my canoe today to fish a pond and decided instead to go down the maple river without any planning between towns about five miles apart. The river is actually about 12miles because of all the bends in it though. My Neice and wife call and say HELP US we can't find them and they went down the maple ! My canoe is fiberglass and the end of the river goes straight into a tall water damn before town. Needless to say everyone is freaking out big time ;lol so we end up with the fiancees mother my mother in law my wife and my niece and I all looking down the river. Now I have gotten lost on many a river and found my way out in time but not in a rather large storm ( No planning on there part ). When we finally found them a couple hours later they where exhausted and hungry as well as ecstatic because they caught a bunch of fish. They spent roughly 11.5 hours on the river! ;lol All in all it worked out ok in the end but man slogging next to the maple river in a torrential downpour trying to find a couple of idiots is just plain annoying and yet I still wish I went with them ;lol ;ex. Of cours I would have planned that little excursion out though.

Pete

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Just did a 10 Mile tour with my Son on a canoe. It took 4 hrs......

Stuck on a canoe that long, had to suck.....

Sorry for your involvement. I hope it all worked out :)

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Could have been worse . .. they could have headed out for a three hour tour on the SS Minnow.
Being shipwrecked with Ginger and Mary Ann would be a win in my book. ;)
gilligans-island.jpg

Reactions: Pallet Pete
I don't think I could deal with Gilligan very well lol.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.