What brand to buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slickplant35

Jul 19, 2008
Northeast
Oh my god I have researched so many brands of pellet stoves and do not know what to buy. I looked into Harmin but can not get one anywhere. I can get Avalon Astoria, and a quadra fire classic bay. I know absolutely nothing about them so please give me advice
My house is 1700 square feet and the floor plan is pretty open it's a ranch.
My father was looking into a stove Glow boy. Never heard of them have you????

I think most people are now in the situation where they will buy the stove that they can find.

Quadra-fire is a great brand. Avalon is made by the same company that makes Lopi wood stoves. I'm sure they're OK to.

Best stove now is the one in stock.

I recently bought a dealer "showroom" Avalon Astoria that is a 2005 model, and from what I can find out, it is a really nice unit...it has a HUGE hopper too. I did a lot of research on this site and elsewhere, and really haven't seen much in the way of negative comments about the Astoria.(it seems ALL pellet stoves have some problems...their just a complicated machine).

BTW, where in the "northeast" are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.