What did get for christmas that was hearth related?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
I got a Stihl helmet and work gloves. These will help in my goal to be safer in the woods.

A new Craftsman 6gl shop vac to clean up the wood mess around the hearth. The wife hates it when I use her Kirby. It will also come in handy when I sweep down into my cleanout.

Bought myself a fiskars

Merry Christmas Everyone,
I got a Stihl helmet and wedge, some fireplace matches, and pac boots (to be used when getting wood!).

I need to make a decision on the helmet, though--I've already got a Husqvarna one, but I use a Stihl saw. Perhaps I'll trade the helmet and wedge in for a new weed whacker or saw.

Have a great day!

S

Treated pinecones that put out oh so pretty colors. And a three foot drift of snow right outside the door leading all the way to the wood stack.

I got a Steamer and I got 1 ton of Pellets from my old man. Wife gave me a Gift Certtificate (home made) to a wood sales place. LOL..

Last year I got some new safety chaps. This year I needed some new gloves.

MERRY CHRSTMAS EVERYONE

My santa looks a lot like a UPS delivery guy.
He's bring'in an infared thermometer.

A fire extinguisher for the studio!

Task Force 5-ton splitter and some work gloves. Also got a camera, not truly hearth related, but now I can post pics on here so...

Cast iron steamer in the shape of an old steam engine train and a 2 lb burlap sack of color cones.

New headstall, reins, and matching breast plate in dark havana with lot's of shiney silver !!!

Oooops, not hearth related, oh well :)

I got one happy foster puppy!

lazydog.jpg

-Mark

Manatarms said:
I got one happy foster puppy!

lazydog.jpg

-Mark

Beats my headstall hands down :)

Lucky pup !!!

Napoleon 1450 and a new ash shovel. Wife bought a nice new trivet for the stove top too.

Can't wait to get the new stove installed and get rid of the old one (NC-16)!

That's a pretty happy dog. He doesn't look as though he has much in the way of insulation. I really like that dragon on the stovetop, too... I'd like one of those for my studio stove!

And new tack is definitely very cool, Dixie. Will it go on the Overo in your profile? and do you like to show? (I loved Pleasure, Trail, and Road Hack classes).

I got a case of Sam Adams Holiday beers, I'll just convince myself its hearth relatedif you don't mind. Cheers.

I got a present that said "You light my fire".

I opened it - it was a propane lighter.

I read the packaging again - it actually said: "You! light my fire"....

adrpga498 said:
I got a case of Sam Adams Holiday beers, I'll just convince myself its hearth relatedif you don't mind. Cheers.

I'll go along with that. Now it's hearth related!

asdfasd.gif

-Mark

Bobbin said:
That's a pretty happy dog. He doesn't look as though he has much in the way of insulation. I really like that dragon on the stovetop, too... I'd like one of those for my studio stove!

And new tack is definitely very cool, Dixie. Will it go on the Overo in your profile? and do you like to show? (I loved Pleasure, Trail, and Road Hack classes).

Bobbin,

He was recently "de-insulated" by some jerks who decided to lock him in a basement for a month...and then MOVE away leaving him in the basement. The starvation and mange got him pretty good. This is what he looked like when we first got him:

029-1.jpg

We put 15lbs on him in the last month. He startin to look better now:

Pics031.jpg

-Mark

Bobbin said:

Yes to all, Bobbin. Halter, showmanship, trail, pleasure...I'd love to learn to rein, and do a free style to "Fat Bottomed Girls" :coolsmile:

For Christmas, the front gutter backed up, and dropped water all over the dining area of the great room, including the pretty much set table.

Roasting pans are very good for catching multiple drips/streams/torrents.

Good thing the stove was going, it was on overload with drying everything out. Still at it.

I hated that light fixture anyways.

Mark, what's "de-insulated?" Or does this need it's own thread?

Poor pup.

Status
Not open for further replies.