What do you do with the bark that falls off?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wood processing area is covered in bark and saw cuttings. It keeps the mud away and saves the chain. The surplus I dump into mosquito bogs.

I have an old IH flail shredder that I am going to use to process my current mountain of bark into mulch.... then it is going onto the flower beds.

I burn it in the out door fire pit with the waste chunks, friends & beer. I like to enjoy my fires, indoor and out and don't waste an opportunity for either one.

fishinpa said:
I burn it in the out door fire pit with the waste chunks, friends & beer. I like to enjoy my fires, indoor and out and don't waste an opportunity for either one.

Burning beer in a fire pit is just wrong and a crime against good beer . . . well burning friends in a fire pit is a bit wrong as well. ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.