What do you think of this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of you know me we sponsor the forum and sell log splitters and fire starters. What I am thinking about doing is having a live 24/7 video on our log splitter this summer. We split 100s of cords and sell packaged firewood to stores and campgrounds in the area. We split all the time and was thinking of putting a wireless camera on the splitter and putting it into our wifi network and run it 24/7. This would let people see the splitters working live. I think this is a new idea people may like and who knows it may help sell some splitters. Any thoughts?

I think it's a great idea. There are lots of videos online of people using splitters, but you could have specific times for informational seminars etc, and showing full production mode.

Also- girls in bikinis would drive up web traffic. Just sayin.

+1, bikini girls doing splits!

but video idea sounds great.

heck, as a guy that had my wood stove on a webcam so I could see it from work, I'd definitely be game to sitting down and watching this every once in a while. I'm sure you could have some other things to draw in more viewers if you are into that. I wouldn't argue with some of the suggestions that have been made... ;)

muncybob said:
+1, bikini girls doing splits!

+2 for the girls in bikinis!

Can't say as though I would want to watch a bunch of sweaty guys splitting firewood . . . but the guys might have something there with the girls in bikinis splitting firewood. ;) :)

The camera will be zoomed in on the splitter. We will not have time to mess with it and we will just run the camera all the time. I could have a time of the day posted that we will be splitting so people could watch. The idea is to let potential buyers a chance to see the solitter in action before they buy,

I honestly think that a few videos would be just as effective and a lot less work. If I were to be interested in the product, I wouldn't free my day up at 2:00 to watch you guys split non camera live. If you were that inspired and had the capacity, I'd expect you to fire that that up at the shop w/ me there in person to demo it.

In today's internet age, I want to see what that bad boy does when it is convenient for me. Live wouldn't be a selling point for me.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.