What is black non-screened here? :|

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sinbad93

Oct 18, 2023
USA
Hi everyone,

Need your help with this English here reading an owner's manual. I'm redoing the fascia of my fireplace (Model MF36 https://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installManuals/155074.pdf ). I thought I'd surround the exposed black screened area with granite. Looking at this owner's manual however, it uses some chit English where it says you can cover the "black non-screened" area. What is the "black non-screened" area? Can I cover the mesh area using granite? Thank you for reading and any feedback :)

page8image1710575152

Last edited:
Sounds like they are talking about the areas surrounding the fireplace opening that are not screened. Is this black metal on the actual unit?