What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
image.jpg

Couple of these this evening

Started into a stack of black walnut. I know some don't care for it but I really like it. It smells great IMHO, doesn't leave a boat load of coals, and produces a lot of heat. Ashes are a bit much, but I can deal with that.

What is that you are burning Diabel looks great.

2x4s that I get free locally. I don't have any seasoned wood for this year so the 2x4s are working great. [emoji3]

Nothing but ash for me ........... for now at least. Started burning wood from a 36" dbh dead standing ash I felled in early Sept. Dead for a couple yrs. Split farely small and stacked covered in the open. The top half was ready when I cut it. The trunk ranged from 25 - 35%. The wettest splits are 20-25%, but that's only about 1/4 of it. The rest is good, so I'll mix a split or two in with the dryer stuff and burn hot with this batch. Next two yrs are already drying so this is my last one to deal with moisture. Full load going good now.

What is that you are burning Diabel looks great.
Cherry my friend. It looks great, smells even better. On the BTU chart it is a perfect day/evening stash.

I skipped loading a stove this morning, for the first time in weeks. I have two loads left at the house, which must last me till Saturday. That's when I'll be chaining up all four corners of the Deere MFWD, and venturing down the hill to the wood lot for more!

Awesome have some cherry that has been seasoning for over a year should be ready for next year can't wait

Awesome have some cherry that has been seasoning for over a year should be ready for next year can't wait

I do agree but I have more than enough wood at the house. That's why I'm saving for next year been burning three year locust hickory and beech on the cold days. Then using maple and cedar on the slightly warmer days. Just putting it off for the coming burning years.

I do agree but I have more than enough wood at the house. That's why I'm saving for next year been burning three year locust hickory and beech on the cold days. Then using maple and cedar on the slightly warmer days. Just putting it off for the coming burning years.

Us everyone else seeing duplicate posts from heavy hammer and Firefighter938?

Is everyone else seeing duplicate posts from heavy hammer and Firefighter938?

Is everyone else seeing duplicate posts from heavy hammer and Firefighter938?

I'm seeing double

We have a server issue going on so that is why it is flaky. Sorry, working on it.

We have a server issue going on so that is why it is flaky. Sorry, working on it.

Thanks Webfish! Mine posted double too lol

I have been having issues with the forum tonight thought it was just me.

Looks like it's fixed, if the last two posts mean anything.