What is my best option?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

garbageman

Apr 13, 2018
Annapolis, MD
I am remodeling a house and would like to put a wood stove or fireplace in the existing chimney chase. I want something that is contemporary looking, has a long burn time, will take a 20" log or larger and will heat 1800 sq ft or more. I have included a couple of pictures of what the space looks like. I would like to have the unit 18" off the ground with a hearth and a mantel above.

Attachments

• fireplace 1.jpeg
    fireplace 1.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 144
  • fireplace 2.jpeg
    fireplace 2.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 136
I think your only option is a freestanding stove. There is a lot of great stoves. I personally would go with Blaze king chinook 30. But it all depends on your budget and what do you want from the stove.

Thank you, I am trying to keep the look of a fireplace instead of a stand alone stove. I would like to have a hearth and stone up to mantel with tv above.

We need dimensions. A smaller ZC fireplace might fit there.

That's enough room. Take a look at the RSF Focus 350 and the PE FP30 fireplace for starters to see if one would work. In that sized space you can go larger with a Quadrafire 7100 or Astria Montecito Grand if desired.