1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

What is the quietest Pellet Stove?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by edhug, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edhug

edhug New Member

Loc:
    Orange County, NY
    Thinking of installing a pellet stove. It would have to go next to the entertainment center in my living room.
    Can a TV sit about 4 ft away from the stove without the stove being much of a noise distraction.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry

Won't be any distraction at all if it's not turned on. Watch the stove, not the TV
  3. sydney1963

sydney1963 New Member

Loc:
    Windham Maine
    Only if you have the blower turned up high do I have to, maybe, turn the volume up a notch or 2 no big deal.
  4. pelletizer

pelletizer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pellet County N.H.
    I looked at Harmans before I bought my stove and they were pretty quiet.
  5. escobarmj

escobarmj Member

Loc:
    RI
    I don't think my Harman XXV makes much noise at all. Can barely hear it over my loud box fan.
  6. pelletfan

pelletfan Member

Loc:
    NY
    I don't want to brag
    but if you really want a Wood Pellet Stove all I can recommend to you is a Stove from Rika
    My Pellet Stove the Integra II is very quite and also powerful in it's output.
    Take a look at one of your Dealers close by and then compare.
  7. swalz

swalz Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Newark, DE
    My Harman XXV is about three feet from the TV and it is Pretty quite, I run it on high most of the time and most of the noise is air moving through the stove and not the blowers them-self. I do have to turn the TV up a little bit but not much to hear it OK in the back of the room which is about 18 feet away from the TV.
  8. smirnov3

smirnov3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Eastern Ma
    IMHO, if you have to turn the TV up when the stove is running, the Stove is NOT quiet

My Accentra insert is fairly noisy (though I hear the freestanding Accentra is quieter). At 100% power, I have to turn the TV (which is in the same room ) up 1/2 again as high

I saw / heard a freestanding Austroflamm Integra II running at 100% full power ()the dealer humored me & cranked it up) & it was very quiet, all you heard was the pellets dropping into the pot and a soft hum
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.