What Kind Of Fisher Stove Is This?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd67

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2012
Northern NY
In the seller's own words, "Beautiful Fisher "Grandpa Bear" Wood Burning Stove, complete with blower and all accessories & piping and even the complete chimney included for use! Just professionally swept! $400 OBO. $400 is less than HALF of what these models are going for used on Ebay!"

https://lansing.craigslist.org/app/d/fisher-wood-burning-stove/6736354854.html

00C0C_jSj0wO2nw03_1200x900.jpg
00t0t_lycrFw8S2St_1200x900.jpg
00303_6bPxkzW6Cez_1200x900.jpg

They appear to be Grandma III doors on something that is not a Fisher product.
ALL Fisher products except a Fireplace Insert had the patented step top.
Angle iron corners were also top to bottom.
Even the firebrick retainers, if there are any are not installed like Fisher.
You would need better pictures to tell if they are GM or GP doors, the opening also looks like GM, it is not wide enough for GP.
The only way anyone can claim it is a Fisher product is having the original literature or receipt that came with it or an identification tag which I'm sure there is none.
The ad doesn't state "includes the illegally reduced connector pipe" and "incorrect size floor protector" either.
If it was just professionally swept, they should have been told about the insufficient floor protection and side clearance. I doubt that the rear and right side wall is non-combustible. That requires 36 inches in ALL directions to combustibles. Perhaps that is why they are selling it?

I hope that a potential buyer does their research before buying any woodstove, especially one that is this "unique".

ALWAYS beware on eBay and craigslist. Most sellers don't know what they have and give tons of misinformation. Then people see a double door stove called a Papa somewhere and think they have a Papa with two doors, and on and on it goes.... That was one of the reasons I started the Everything Fisher thread.