what pellet stove is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman19921992

Dec 1, 2014
pa
What is the make and model of this stove? I'm new to pellets and am having trouble working this thing. I get it fired up but eventually the auger stops sending out pellets and burns out. A manual would be nice but I cannot find anything without the make and model. If anything a little guidance on what to look for to make this thing work correctly would be nice.Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 207E98~8.JPG
    207E98~8.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 366
Also the plate that is on the stove tells me nothing. It has the warock and hersey number but from what I read they are the people who test them, ive looked all over for the make and model and came up with nothing.

Post a picture of the inside of the burn pot.

Looks like a Breckwell SP23.

US Stove sold these under the Breckwell name.

Looks like a Breckwell SP23.

US Stove sold these under the Breckwell name.
Thanks for the help. That stove is different though, I must have an older stove. I have dials to adjust the fuel and air into the room and a damper rod. I did just notice that the damper rod hits a switch when pulled out far enough, and that switch when pushed seems to activate the auger, I don't really understand why that would be that way since the damper isn't out that far enough usually to activate it. I also found a little sensor that wasn't attached to the sidewall completely i fixed that and now my auger seems to be doing the correct thing and not shutting down, but now that damper switch has me questioning what it does lol. I must admit these things are a tad bit confusing!

Hmm ! Can you post a picture of the controls, this might help narrow down what stove you have.

It's a Breckwell with analog controls (about 25-30 years old.), should be a 2 knob, possibly a 3 knob unit. Needs a new backer board and it looksas though the brun pot is missing. Call USSC in Cleveland Tennesee and tell them you have an early Breckwell with analog controls and ask them if they can send or FAX you a manual. I thought it was a Dovetec at first.

It's a 2 knob analog. Call USSC.
Thank you for the info, any way to tell the model? and the burn pot is there I just didn't take the best picture.

You can reference the WH (Warnock-Hershey) certification number thats on the WH certification plate when you call them, but it's at least 25 years old. Hope you didn't pay too much, it's basically scrap value. All manufaccturers went to solid state digital controls about 20 years ago so if the controler craps, you are SOL. Looking at the back picture (back of stove looking down, you need to secure the vent pipe to the exhaust nipple on the stove with either a Witek clamp, sheet metal screws and red RTV. It's a big no no the way you have it. Looks like Simpson Duravent, Simpson makes a nipple to vent pipe adapter that makes the transition basically painless and smoke free. www.ventingpipe.com has it.

It's a 2 knob analog. Call USSC.

You can reference the WH (Warnock-Hershey) certification number thats on the WH certification plate when you call them, but it's at least 25 years old. Hope you didn't pay too much, it's basically scrap value. All manufaccturers went to solid state digital controls about 20 years ago so if the controler craps, you are SOL. Looking at the back picture (back of stove looking down, you need to secure the vent pipe to the exhaust nipple on the stove with either a Witek clamp, sheet metal screws and red RTV. It's a big no no the way you have it. Looks like Simpson Duravent, Simpson makes a nipple to vent pipe adapter that makes the transition basically painless and smoke free. www.ventingpipe.com has it.
Ok I will write down the wh number and give them a call tomorrow morning. I only paid 100 bucks which I thought was pretty decent? Like I said I am new to all of this and I greatly appreciate all the input! I will definitely get what you noticed fixed! I haven't had any smoke or anything coming out of it but I'd much rather not take any chances! I bought a ton of pellets already so hopefully I get this thing up to spec! Thank you so much again! You all are a life saver (litterally) haha I'll fix that pipe asap! Thank you, Dylan.

Yes, most likely is an older Breckwell.

Hope you get it working well. As for the manual -- 50 / 50 chance on that, ask to chat with Owen O'Riley at US Stove, he is the Customer Service Manager there, with any luck he will be the one to help you with this.

Yes, most likely is an older Breckwell.

Hope you get it working well. As for the manual -- 50 / 50 chance on that, ask to chat with Owen O'Riley at US Stove, he is the Customer Service Manager there, with any luck he will be the one to help you with this.
Thank you! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, I don't want to have to revert to electric heat again! Thank you for the name I'll be sure to ask for him. You guys have been a huge help, I'll be sure to come to yous with any other questions! Thank yous so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.