What Pellet Stove Pipe For Insert??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Worble7

Dec 29, 2018
Fremont, Ca
Well you guys don't have a stove pipe only area. This is where to post I think? So here's what I think needs to be done? 4" stainless steel exhaust pipe my run to the top is 13'-16' I have not measured it yet then I want to run the OAK all the way to the top also and that's a 2" aluminum pipe I'm guessing? Also for the termination at the top what do I use for both pipes? Just want to order pipe and get ready for install this spring. Thanks for your help Jeff
Stove:
2006 Aarman Accentra Insert
Fireplace Pics if needed let me know.

What kind of fireplace are you installing it in? For the exhaust you can buy 4 inch liner kits that include the T connector and a plate and cap connector for the top.

What kind of fireplace are you installing it in? For the exhaust you can buy 4 inch liner kits that include the T connector and a plate and cap connector for the top.
Just a regular brick fireplace. I wanted to run an OAK all they way to the top so I have no issues. yes I will clean the fireplace out and put granite on the brick.Thanks Jeff

Attachments

• 20190101_151318.jpg
    20190101_151318.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Thanks fmsm So the 4" is stainless steel and the 2" I think maybe a 3" is what I need is that stainless steel or can I use aluminum? Thanks Jeff
Check your local codes but I have been fine w/ 2" aluminum OAK all the way out the top of the chimney, with a J-bend facing downward. positioned lower than and upwind (prevailing winds) of the exhaust.

Ten years continuous winter use, still in great shape.

Picture 009.jpg

Reactions: fmsm
Check your local codes but I have been fine w/ 2" aluminum OAK all the way out the top of the chimney, with a J-bend facing downward. positioned lower than and upwind (prevailing winds) of the exhaust.

Ten years continuous winter use, still in great shape.

View attachment 237197
I read the info on the 4” PelletVent Pro Prairie Termination Cap Stainless Steel with 4” exhaust vent and 3” air intake 4PVP-VCTB34 and it says I can use aluminum for OAK so I think I'm good now with that part :) Thanks fmsm I just ordered the cap I looked on EBay and some clown wanted 400.00 with shipping for the cap. I bought it for 45.00 shipped for plumberstock. I see SS vent pipe 15' for 169.00 plus shipping and I have not checked into the 3" aluminum pipe. So venting will not be to bad after all. Thanks Jeff

Reactions: fmsm