What the heck happened ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENECOP

Minister of Fire
Jan 31, 2014
Ny
Does the weatherman have a clue...we did our prep, loaded the wood shed, gas in the genny, weather warnings on the IPad, Blizzard, Hurricane force winds, Ice storms ......tree limbs down, power outage.....we got no wind, just a dusting, sun is shinning.......How can they be that wrong.....

Like Dad used to say, you would complain if you were hung with a new rope. ;lol

It all stopped off here in the Tropics of Virginia. Almost noon and 10 degrees with sub zero chill factor. Thousands without power. Some roads like hockey rinks.

Sure glad we don't get real winters here as people tell me every year.

Reactions: Ashful
I am with ya BB - 20 wind chill last night 20 to 45 MPH gust and still gusting up to 30 MPH -5 will chill at 12:00 noon here in South East Pennsylvania, got NCH - 30 Burning in the basement and Quad E 2 burning in the dining room in my 1825 year old farmhouse

Jeff

We got the lower end of what was predicted - for a change. It's darn cold and the wind is blowing pretty good. Heading out now to do clean-up in the "warmest" part of the day.

Does the weatherman have a clue...we did our prep, loaded the wood shed, gas in the genny, weather warnings on the IPad, Blizzard, Hurricane force winds, Ice storms ......tree limbs down, power outage.....we got no wind, just a dusting, sun is shinning.......How can they be that wrong.....

I agree w/ BB. Winter Storm Neptune gets a big 2 thumbs up in my book ......... Well Done

"From the WABI-TV5 & CW Forecast Center:
Strengthening low pressure will pass to our south and east this afternoon and evening. The storm track is about 100 miles further offshore than previously forecast so as a result the steadier/heavier snow has shifted further south and east as well . "

Last edited:
From the current reports the dividing line is Worchester county,Mass. It is blowing a gale with horizontal snow in eastern MA.

Far southern Maine, York County, got a couple feet. Downeast, Lubec, Eastport, 26 -30 inches .......................

Far southern Maine, York County, got a couple feet. Downeast, Lubec, Eastport, 26 -30 inches .......................

Must be further south than me. I got about 8".

From the current reports the dividing line is Worchester county,Mass. It is blowing a gale with horizontal snow in eastern MA.

Worcester.jpg

image.jpg
Despite the plummeted temperatures today it still gave my wife and I a bluebird day

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: begreen and Dix
Goody, goody. NWS just issued a watch for tomorrow night through Tue. afternoon. Quantities of snow to go with these lovely temps and winds. If I had wanted to live in Maine, I would have moved to Maine.

Reactions: Knots
Goody, goody. NWS just issued a watch for tomorrow night through Tue. afternoon. Quantities of snow to go with these lovely temps and winds. If I had wanted to live in Maine, I would have moved to Maine.
LOL! I have to go to NC next week for work and it looks like I'm dragging the darn stuff with me!

Reactions: BrotherBart
NO DAMN snow Tuesday!
I have to run to Chester for a few wrecks.
One is inside, thank gawd!
The other two, lets just say I'll be double bundled.
No GD SNOW!

I've had enough.

4 layers to be at the barn today. Under Armour, thermals, jeans, fleece, thermals , turtle neck, thermals, heavy sweater, jacket, scarf, double hatted, double gloved. Busting ice out of tubs, shavings from the stalls on all paths. Busting ice out of water buckets.

Ms Matisse is a tough bird... hanging in there.

Mom's not allowed outside, but she's doing well.

Salted the back deck to get the Murph out and not fall on my a$$.

Tonight is gonna be brutal, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.