What to buy? Summit or BK Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys I'm the proud new owner of a Summit. It was installed last week along with a new stainless chimney insert. I'm still expiremneting with it but am liking the longer burn times and have noticed a big reduction in wood.
thanks everyone for your advice
Snoguzzler

snoguzzler said:
Well guys I'm the proud new owner of a Summit. It was installed last week along with a new stainless chimney insert. I'm still expiremneting with it but am liking the longer burn times and have noticed a big reduction in wood.
thanks everyone for your advice
Snoguzzler

it didnt happen if you dont show us pictures!!!!!!!1

Welcome to the "Youre Awesome 'Cause you got a PE!!" club, my man... we always got room for one more!!

dr.drew said:
what other stove has a burn time like the bk?

The answer seems to be 'none'.

None. You find us a 4.6+ CF firebox, cat stove, with thermostatic air other than the BK and we'll have a competition.

There are a couple of other oddball brand cat stoves like Buck and Country flame but none come close to the BK's performance.

learnin to burn said:
Hands down IMHO the cost difference will be recouped in the first season. It will be made up by the time spent feeding the stove, processing wood, and how often the main heat in the house pops on. If you have a free wood supply the total cost of the BK and install should be recouped in under 4 season. With a basement install you will want an OAK with either of the stoves so that needs to be considered too.

Im running my stove in the basement. why do you think you need one for the basement? just wondering cuz i was considering installing one i have a 3 inch line coming down my wall from the other stove i had. but i dont seem to be having any problems. just wondering the reasoning behind why u think you need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.