what to pick?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namz111

Hearth Supporter
Apr 25, 2008
NE PA
Well I have seen 3 choices so far, what would you pick?

1. stove chow
2. north american pellets
3. presto logs

all the same price

namz111 said:
Well I have seen 3 choices so far, what would you pick?

1. stove chow
2. north american pellets
3. presto logs

all the same price

Well, since the N.A. Pellets are just Currans that were re-bagged, I'd have to go with SC.

I would try before I buy. But if you must. Stove Chow has got great reviews from everyone (Wish I could find some in Ohio). I have good luck with the Presto-Logs.

A lot depends on your stove as well.

What type of stove do you have??

Best to put it (Stove, pellets, etc) in your Signature line. Its in "Your Control Panel" at the top/middle of the page. Then go to Signature on the left hand side. Helps people help you. If some one has the same stove as you, they can better comment on Pellets. My stove hates Penningtons Natures junk.. Some people love them (Dont know how??) Or if you have a certain problem. Someone does not have to ask. They will see it under each post. Just a thought.

But yeah. Stove Chow. Thats based on the Thousands of bags that people on this Forum burned. i never burned them, but given the oppourtunity. i would buy 3-5 ton in a heartbeat.

Three tons of North American pellets going back to Lowes tomorrow...I have had a headache since they were stacked in my garage. The smell is so bad that you could taste it
at the back of your throat. If I am getting this sick from the smell..I could only imagine what would happen if we burn them. Never had a reaction to pellets like this before.
Could someone tell me if Somersets are similar? :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.