What to use for a rain cap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firenutz

Sep 13, 2008
Northeastern PA
I'm in the process of piping my Mt. Vernon. I'll be terminating the exhaust a couple feet above my roofline. Can I just use any 3" cap or does it have to be special pellet stove cap? I used the simpson duravent multifuel kit for my install but it only came with a cap for horizontal venting. I've seen 3" caps as cheap as $12 at local hardware stores that look like they would work but I'm unsure.

link is for Duravent showing pellet stove chimney parts, the part you need is on page 10.
http://www.duravent.com/2a.php?page=ts.php click on catalog

3" cap Part number 3080 for pellets, part number 33080 for corn

CZARCAR said:
Firenutz said:
I'm in the process of piping my Mt. Vernon. I'll be terminating the exhaust a couple feet above my roofline. Can I just use any 3" cap or does it have to be special pellet stove cap? I used the simpson duravent multifuel kit for my install but it only came with a cap for horizontal venting. I've seen 3" caps as cheap as $12 at local hardware stores that look like they would work but I'm unsure.
1'd go for cheap ,ehhaust aint that hot,u dnt want rain so match simpsons specs & say hi to LISA
Who's LISA?

Status
Not open for further replies.