What utility companies are good for

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt Ski Bum

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2011
Dillon, Mt
The utility company cut a huge swath through a stand of trees in the hills above my parent's house sometime last year & left a ton of downed wood- for me to cut up!

Here's a few pics. of what I've been able to cut up so far- not sure what type of tree they are- I'm thinking some sort of poplar or birch... possibly young cottonwood.. I do know it's def. not Aspen. (The old stumps are sprouting new branches, if that helps ID what tree they are)-

Attachments

• Image0029.jpg
    Image0029.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 307
  • Image0030.jpg
    Image0030.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Image0031.jpg
    Image0031.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 274
  • Image0032.jpg
    Image0032.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 308
Oh I don't know . . . I suppose utility companies that bring electricity into my house so I can watch TV, have light to read and heat up the hot tub and have running water in the shower in the morning are good for more than just cutting firewood. ;)

I'd be interested in how long since they last visited that line, i.e., count the rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.