What's a 1982 Fisher insert worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul L

Sep 28, 2013
Westcliffe, CO
460 pounds @ 9.5 pennies per .... $44. Dang that freaking thing was heavy :p

moved to the Fisher forum for a more targeted response.

My neighbor with an open fireplace said she wanted it. It sat on my porch for two weeks and then she changed her mind. Didn't think anybody would want this 1982 dinosaur that wasn't even set up for a direct vent, just a box to slide into the fireplace.

Those Fisher's make everyone happy. You got your $44. The scrap yards sell them for $150 to eBayers. The eBay sellers paint and sell them for $1000.

Seriously, you should have gotten $44 for the draft caps. Your doors would fit Grandma as well.

If you search eBay right now for "Fisher Stove" you will find an Insert for 999.99. (Grandpa for $1,400 and Papa for $950 !! yes, they will sell this winter) Screens sell for up to $195, feet only for $200 a set. Won't say they're worth that much, but that's the going price and that's what dictates the value. They are "worth" whatever the buyer is willing to pay.
That said, I pick them up for a hundred or two, paint or restore, add a baffle, and sell for $100 over cost for my labor and hauling. I've made a lot of people happy and have a waiting list for Mama and Papa's.

Also search your local Craigslist for an idea of what people are asking in your area. It varies across the country.

Reactions: lango
Status
Not open for further replies.