What's a Jotul F3 CB worth these days?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chipster

Hearth Supporter
Nov 8, 2010
SW VA
We bought this stove new about 5 years ago. We used it for two seasons and then moved. We took the stove but, being on disability, wood burning is too much of a chore. Plus we don't have a fireplace or a convenient spot for it here. We paid about 1600 as I remember. I was going to put it on Craigslist or in an ad in the local newspaper but not sure what to ask. It is in great condition and I miss the warmth but not the labor. Any advice? Thanks

I imaigne they are selling for roughly 1500-1700 new today. With the 30% tax credit a new one can be had for around $1000 to $1150 or so.

I'm thinking $650 used?

You may want to wait until next year. If the credit expires, I imagine you would be able to command a higher price.

If it's enameled, in good condition, I'd go ahead an put it on Craigslist for $1000 while the seasonal market is strong. Not everyone will be using the tax credit. If you have to come down a hundred to make the sale, so be it. Everyone is happy.

i paid $1850 two yrs ago for a new one flat black.

It's in great shape. Flat black, not enameled. According to a friend in the business the stove retails for 1627 and 2121 in enamel.

Status
Not open for further replies.