1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Whats the deal with the Dutchwest line of stove?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by michaelthomas, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelthomas

michaelthomas New Member

I was at a stove shop the other just looking around and the sales guy was really tryin to sell me on the dutchwest line. He led me away from the resolute, defiant, encore lines 3 times back to the dutchwests. Is it really a better stove? Is the margin much better for the dealer?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Margin is no better.....

It is made by the same company - and is more of a workhorse where the others are more like fine furniture.... VC originally bought the brand name so they could appeal to mid-level budgets.
  3. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    He's got that one backwards. Usually one would try to upsell a customer to VC. As for quality etc. they're the same. The markup on the two brands is the same (atleast in my store) but you make more money off of a VC since they're more expensive. If you want a VC then buy a VC but I don't think the sales guy has any alterior motive in trying to sell you a Dutchwest. Maybe he just personally likes them better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.