Whats the dimentions of a 500 gal propane tank?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpilihp

Feeling the Heat
Apr 22, 2008
Coastal ME
Hi Ive located what I thought was a 500 gal tank but reading the description of the ID tag on it the tag states its rated to hold 320 gallons.

The dimentions are:

The approx. measurements are: Approx. 9 Foot Long. Arrox. 30 Inches wide. The belly is approx. 8 foot round when I wrapped a tape measure around the belly. The seal states it is Certified by Quality Stell Corp. Cleveland, Miss. Also states water cap 320 gal. max allowable W.P. 250 PSI at 125 degrees, min is -20 degrees

9ft long by about 3ft wide I thought was a 500 gal tank, is the 320 capacity the rating for gas??

~ Phil

Hi Thanks looks like it is a 500 but since he the seller did quick estimate measurments it could be a 250gal, but its labeled for 320?? His dimentions come out to be

108in long x 30in wide could be either of them.... guess ill have to go see it and measure it myself,

Thanks

~ Phil

Its 250 gallon propane tank. Propane tanks are only filled to 80% capacity. (320 X .80 = 256 gallons

a 500 gallon tank should measure 10 feet long 37 inches dia

Hi thanks for the math on how they come up with the capacity, the guy never called me back on the tank, still looking..

~ Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.