What's the point?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slash2869

Jan 22, 2012
Clackamas Or.
This may be a dumb question but why are there two auger motors on Englander stoves?

Just the way they designed them.....it's an older design and they just stuck with it. Upper auger runs intermittent (and feeds the lower auger), while lower auger runs continously.

You'd have to ask Mike Holton that question to get the actual answer. All the newer stoves they make (10-cpm, EP, PAH, etc) use a single auger design.

I believe their reasoning was less chance of burn back.

I could be wrong.

I could be wrong.

There is prob a few reasons... Burn back is a good one though. On a manual start unit, it allows you to start your pellets on the wear plate and have the comb blower running. Once those pellets light, the bottom auger starts to feed pellets.

I'm sure Mike can answer this and shed light on it. But there is always good reasoning behind something of that nature. Especially considering Englanders R & D.

I could be wrong.

Hello
Yes, that is one reason and another reason according to Mike.
They tried it with just the bottom horizontal auger and it jammed up alot.

This is a pretty good system.

Status
Not open for further replies.