Whats the value of this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basswacker

May 5, 2014
Carver, MA
This is my dads stove he has never used it(was used when he got it) but it has been taking up space in the garage and wants to sell it. There are no markings on it except "Pine No 10" no other markings. Does anyone have any info or how much its worth?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2432.JPG
    IMG_2432.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 185
Probably the same company as "Pine Oak" stoves:
http://antiquestoves.net/dir/cylind...-and-coal-antique-cylinder-stove-lcyl120917-1

The good news is that it appears to be a true original and antique.

Value? That's a tough one - because it depends on the buyer. Assuming it is in good condition and not just barely holding together, I'd say you can get about $450 for it. Try the classifieds here - but also craigslist and ebay.....

Any one else have any input? I put it on eBay for $800 guy offered $400 but it wouldn't be worth it with eBay fees and the hassle of shipping it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would contact some of the antique stove restoration websites and ask them. They will have a better sense of market demand. On eBay I would list it as local pickup only.

Status
Not open for further replies.