What's this worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
I have a stack of three year old wood 48 feet in length,5 feet tall 60% white ash and the rest assorted ,maple cherry,hickory and oak,all lengths are 16 to 18 inches split large from 4 to 8 some 10 inches in diameter,moisture on all species varies from 14% to 18% dependent upon split size. I am going to sell this,what should I ask?

Hmm, cord calculator gave me 2.5 cords. 48x5x16". Cords sell here for $250 on average. C/S/delivered/stacked. I'd assume 20% of people selling wood has it seasoned, or at least a little bit seasoned.

Get on CL and get an idea?

Much of determining what you can get for this wood depends upon the going prices in YOUR area.

Reactions: PapaDave
It's worth just exactly what both you and a willing buyer decide it's worth, just before you shake hands. No more, no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.