What's up with my new 10-CPM - - - - - - - - just keeps going

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghandy131

Oct 14, 2011
Central MA
First dive into the pellet pool this year. Had the baby installed 11/10/11. Should have waited a day and it would have been 11/11/11 :). Bought 3 tons of Fireside ultras right at the getgo for $597 delivered. Have tried a couple bags of MWP, Maine's Choice, Green Supreme and keep liking the Firesides. I probably shouldn't be saying this, knock on wood, but I just add pellets, vacuum every Sunday and the darn thing keeps kicking out heat. I've put through a ton and 1/2 since install, yup we have a pretty big space to warm up, but my 2 propane furnaces rarely kick on. The upstairs furnace usually runs occasionally at night to keep the bedroom cozy and the first floor furnace helps get the first floor up to temp in the a.m. but the little 10-CPM just keeps chugging out the heat and the house stays comfortable. Gonna try some Turmans and Barefoots next week to see if there really is a difference but I've found the Firesides superior to the others I've tried thus far. I'm obviously going to need another 2 tons before the season is over and we'll test out the 2 aforementioned brands before jumping in for $285/ton + delivery. I really enjoy this new adventure and this forum is more fun than my motorcycle forum :).

Glad you're happy & warm.

BTW, another forum member "Xena" is on a motorcycle forum too....she has a Harley. Maybe give her a shout.

There's several more of us who are also on motorcycle forums.

Not much motorcyclin' happening around here right now, mines put away until we get back up above freezing on a regular basis.

I did see some crazy moron riding a CAN-AM yesterday morning when it was -12F out, but I don't call those motorcycles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.