when to run which type of heater in the shoulder season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
pen said:
For me, these fire starters are well worth their nominal cost.

pen

There it is. They took the pain out of letting the sucker go out. That is what sold me. I am the one quoted on Thomas' site as saying that a Super Cedar is like finding hot coals in a cold stove.

It is.

Completely agree with Pen and BB - just started using the SuperCedars - bought 100. As Pen mentioned, I also used more wood than necessary and ended up with a very hot house during the shoulder season because I wanted the ease of adding wood to a bed of coals, rather than dealing with a cold start. Cold starts weren't terrible, but nice to not deal with - the super cedars really make it easy to start fires and I've been certainly conserving a lot of wood this shoulder season vs. last year. The one drawback is my wife tends to wear a sweater more often......... Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.